Thursday 13 January 2011

First idea

To begin with I brainstormed ideas on what I could feature in a typology to emulate Bernd and Hilla's work. I thought about using various buildings for example churches and town halls in the end I decided to produce a typology of shop fronts. I thought it would be interesting to examine the differences between the brand logo on the entrance and the actual building of the shop on the higher level.



After completing this draft typology I decided it would be more successful if I concentrated on one type of shop for example, clothing stores or cafe's. This is so the comparison between them is more relevant.
I also realised that I had to be consistent in photographing the buildings straight on to avoid converging angles and keeping the name banner on the same level. This is to create the same uniformity which is seen in Bernd and Hilla's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment